- Exemplifies visible and accessible ownership and management;
- Welcomes responsible public access
- Delivers significant environmental benefits
- Improves wellbeing and social justice
- Promotes a fairer society.
In 2011 the Estate completed the first multi-unit development of new homes to Passivhaus standard in Scotland. In August 2015 Dormont Park remains the largest development of its kind in Scotland and largest to have been built to this standard by a private landlord in the UK.
The South of Scotland is one of the few places you can still see Red Squirrels in their natural environment. Here is one feeding in the garden at Dormont filmed by Kit Carruthers. For more of his work visit: https://www.facebook.com/KitCarruthersPhotography/. Or book a stay in our holiday cottage and see them for yourselves.